Monday, February 1, 2010

Wooden Bowls

After reading the story Wooden Bowls I thought it was amazing. I really thought it had a great meaning. When relating it to C.A.R.E.S. I would say it woud best describe cooperation. I feel this way because in the beginning of the story the son and daughter-in-law were frustrated with the old man for something he couldn't help. Then at the end of the story they both learned to cooperate with him because they realized that it was not his fault that he was getting older and more clumsy. The lesson that this story teaches is that you should always take care of family and elders becasue one day you will be just like them. You won't be able to control your blindness or clumsiness just like the old man couldn't. In the end everyone will end up like that so we should try to be considerate towards them and help them out so that they aren't constantly struggling and feeling bad.

No comments: