The article that I read for this current event was all about Komodo Dragons. Did you know that the Komodo Dragon is the world's largest lizard? They can get to be as large as 10 feet long and can weigh more than 300 pounds! They will eat almost any kind of meat, such as dead animals, other Komodo Dragons and even people! It might be a good idea to stay away from these powerful creatures. These lizards have venom. They can kill a snake by injecting their venom and stunning it. Soon the body will begin to shut down. It is said that the unlucky victim dies quickly after intoxicated with the venom. It has been recently discovered that the Komodo Dragon has six venom glands on each side of the lower jaw. Some ingrediants are similar to a snake's venom. To study more about these lizards, scientists have taken samples of the venom and tested it on rats. They discovered that the rats became still. They were in shock. komodo Dragons are incredibly strong.
In my opinion, Komodo Dragons are incredible animals. I think the venom that they have works in weird ways. For example, I find it weird that the venom will put you in shock so quickly. I also think that Komodo Dragons are scary animals. They can get very big and easily over power a human. I would hate to live in an area where Komodo Dragons are common. They eat just about anything that they can catch. These reptiles are approximately the weight of two or three eighth graders! I find it hard to imagine how big these animals would get when they are full grown. To conclude this article, I think Komodo Dragons are very interesting animals. In the future I would like to research more about them. I would like to learn more about their venom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment